Blog
Hong Kong plans to create a "travel bubble" with Singapore in November, Carrie Lam Cheng Yuet-ngor, Hong Kong's chief executive, said on Tuesday. The news came despite reports that two employees at Singapore's Changi Airport Terminal 3 had recently tested positive for COVID-19. Lam said plans to resume inter-city travel relations were not thwarted by the news.
The plan, mentioned earlier this month by a senior Hong Kong official, would allow residents at each location to make leisure trips in each direction without quarantine if they had a valid test certificate showing that individuals were free from COVID-19 infection.
A number of investment analysts have said restrictions on inbound travel to Singapore amid the COVID-19 pandemic have constrained the business recovery of Singapore's two casino resorts. One, Marina Bay Sands, saw third-quarter casino revenue of $197 million, down 64.4% from $553 million a year earlier, the resort's parent company, Las Vegas Sands Corp, said in an earnings call last week.
Hong Kong, which supplied at least 10% of Macau's annual gaming gross before the crisis, has yet to announce plans for a quarantine-free travel bubble with Macau, according to some investment analysts.
Hong Kong's chief executive raised the Singapore bubble at a regular briefing ahead of a meeting of the city's administrative committee. There was no specific comment on the policy.
Lam said airport authorities in Hong Kong will begin testing for expedited COVID-19 testing at Hong Kong's international airport this week. Hong Kong citizens may also pay for COVID-19 testing before travel at the four new centers the authorities are setting up, according to media reports citing Lam's comments.
Hong Kong's chief executive said city authorities were also drafting a law that would allow mandatory COVID-19 testing to be carried out on people who show symptoms of infection or are related to the person or place where the outbreak occurred or are considered relatively at high risk of infection.
The plan, mentioned earlier this month by a senior Hong Kong official, would allow residents at each location to make leisure trips in each direction without quarantine if they had a valid test certificate showing that individuals were free from COVID-19 infection.
A number of investment analysts have said restrictions on inbound travel to Singapore amid the COVID-19 pandemic have constrained the business recovery of Singapore's two casino resorts. One, Marina Bay Sands, saw third-quarter casino revenue of $197 million, down 64.4% from $553 million a year earlier, the resort's parent company, Las Vegas Sands Corp, said in an earnings call last week.
Hong Kong, which supplied at least 10% of Macau's annual gaming gross before the crisis, has yet to announce plans for a quarantine-free travel bubble with Macau, according to some investment analysts.
Hong Kong's chief executive raised the Singapore bubble at a regular briefing ahead of a meeting of the city's administrative committee. There was no specific comment on the policy.
Lam said airport authorities in Hong Kong will begin testing for expedited COVID-19 testing at Hong Kong's international airport this week. Hong Kong citizens may also pay for COVID-19 testing before travel at the four new centers the authorities are setting up, according to media reports citing Lam's comments.
Hong Kong's chief executive said city authorities were also drafting a law that would allow mandatory COVID-19 testing to be carried out on people who show symptoms of infection or are related to the person or place where the outbreak occurred or are considered relatively at high risk of infection.
BY: 바카라사이트